When I first started practicing 15th Step on my own, at home, I thought about this gas tank that was buried in our back yard. Years ago, farmers had had their own gas tanks either buried on their property or above ground. When they were no longer used, they were emptied and covered-up. When the area in which I lived was converted into a subdivision, some of these were still present. My spouse had bought the house with the understanding the gas tank was there, so it was our responsibility.
I felt like we had a dead body in our yard. So, I decided to play-around with the 15th Step and ask. My guidance, my angels, told me that there was no problem. Dig it up.
No one wanted us to dig it up. Given current environmental standards, the cost would be prohibitive. It should remain a secret from government officials. Our neighbors said that we could not afford the cost. If the tank were still contaminated, we would have to pay a huge sum to have it taken away.
I began calling companies that do this. I was told not to do it, not to call the city. The cost, if it were contaminated, would cost us more than the value of our house. We would loose everything.
I wanted to play with the 15th Step, so I asked and got: Dig it up, there is no problem.
My husband asked his parent’s advice as his father had owned a motorcycle business and was familiar with these issues: It would be a nightmare.
I did a 15th Step and I received: Dig it up, there is no problem.
My husband and I decided I could call the city. The city officials said that, they were so happy that I had notified them, they would waive any fees. They know there are tanks buried around the city, but people are afraid to tell them where they are.
So, my spouse began digging. Once it was exposed, a city official was present when a soil sample was taken. The chemist joked that he would take a sample from another area in our yard, if the city official wanted to look away. The assumption was that we were in big trouble.
I felt anxious, so I did a 15th Step: Dig it up, there is no problem.
The test returned negative. The soil is fine. The cost to us was the cost of having a hunk of metal removed and the labor of filling-in the hole. We dug it up and there was no problem.
I thought that was fairly wonderful and have been playing with the 15th Step Process ever since.